Promotional Merchandise Branding
In order to maintain the integrity of the Keck Medicine of USC brand, please follow Keck Medicine of USC graphic identity standards as it pertains to your individual department, service line or other organization.
When creating artwork for promotional items, please keep the following in mind:
- Use only preferred vendors for production of promotional merchandise.
A list can be found by following this link: http://trademarks.usc.edu/campus-community/promotional-licensees/
- Custom logos may not be created for your department, program or service line. Program and service line lock-ups may be created by the Marketing and Communications department upon request. See example of logo-lock ups here.
- Official fonts and colors of Keck Medicine of USC must be used.
- Do not place Keck Medicine of USC logotypes on top of, or attach them to, illustrations or artwork. Mind the rules of clear space.
- Do not separate “Keck” from the official wordmark of the medical enterprise “Keck Medicine of USC.”
- Do not typeset “Keck” or “Keck Medicine of USC” in any font other than Adobe Caslon Pro or National.
- “Fight On” may not be used on medical enterprise promotional merchandise or printed materials
- VENDORS: All proofs must be sent to Trademarks & Licensing for approval BEFORE production begins. Official vendors are expected to follow the rules in these graphic standards or risk losing preferred vendor status
- Before requesting artwork creation for a promotional item, please make note of the rules in these graphic standards to ensure your project is in compliance.
- Artwork that does not conform to Keck Medicine of USC’s graphic standards will not be approved and will require redesign.
- Student Organizations and Clubs: Student organizations formally recognized by the Office of Student Affairs are able to use select USC wordmarks and “spirit” marks in conjunction with the organization name and design of promotional products. A list of those officially recognized by the university can be found by following this link: http://campusactivities.usc.edu/.